Our first Breakfast club of 2017, was held at Kings Cross' Chad's Place, and it focused on client engagement
Attended by NAWIC members and none alike, the breakfast was chaired by Head of Development Kathy Basheva .
After an introduction on NAWIC and forthcoming events, including an update on our project "The Image of Construction", the guest speaker, Lance Walker from Ministry of Innovation Ltd. spoke about implementable strategies to help small and medium enterprises to engage new clients and access larger projects.
The conversation that followed made very clear that the ideas discussed, borrowed from other industries, have value also within our industry. The next breakfast will be on the 16th of February and will be lead by Indre Butkeviciute MCSI and will focused on "Managing financial challenges positively". You can book on Eventbrite as ever (LINK)
Here some notes:
- "Find out how many sales/ business you need per quarter; then try to generate more to cover eventualities"
- "Be clear about ur proposition: know your unique selling point and be clear conveying it"
- "Have a sharp tight focus about target market"
- "Remember that it costs on average 10 times more to win work from new customers than your existing ones!"
"Hunting in packs":
- "Find half a dozen other collaborators/companies who have complimentary services to you and go find busines together"
- "you will not get leads from social networking. Find contacts who can generate leads 4 u & u 4 them"
- "Remember that most business is closed during Face 2 face meetings"
- "10sec intro; When networking the conversation should b about them not you"
Thank you to Lance for sharing his knowledge with us