Message from the organisers
Our system has been set up to email you twice to remind you that your membership is about to expire.
The first time will be 30 days before expiring, the second one 15 days before expiring.
If you are a member of London and the South East, please email firstname.lastname@example.org when the time comes. We have set up a slightly different system to manage the region due to the sheer number of members we have to administer.
On receipt of such an email, all you need to do is sign in (HERE) with your personal username and password (same you would use to access the resources area.)
You will then visit to the relevant membership page you are trying to renew as follow:
- If you are an individual working within or supplying goods/ services to the industry, please renew here.
- If you are a student or a trainee, please click here.
- If you are a company working within or supplying goods and/or services to the industry please click here.
- If you are an educator interested in learning about the opportunities the industry has to offer to your pupils please click here.
And introduce the relevant information.
Because you will be signed in, the computer will fill in some details for you (those you previously used to register)
“Studies show that in order to progress professionally, one cannot rely solely on knowledge and good work. At managerial level, visibility counts for 90% of success. Increasing one’s visibility and network are requirements if one is to progress within an organisation and through building social capital, one builds influence.” Edit Development, at NAWIC LDN & Se “Challenging bias” session.
Our events facilitate opportunities for :
- Personal Development
But also opportunities to:
- Learn from Best Practice from across the industry.
- Access resources, networks and professionals working in the same industry, most likely in different ways.
- Test research and ideas with a wider audience and a network of collaborators.
The above would:
- Contribute to your company's diversity program
- Allow your company to gain influence
- Contrast opinions in your pursuit of excellence.
Being part of the association can help members feel more confident and establish rapport within the wider industry. This, will give another dimension to their professional skills set.
NAWIC also provides a platform for better integration between male and female colleagues through the many events organised which are always open to male and female individuals.
In terms of the next generation, NAWIC’s endeavour to engage a wider audience would enable you to reach out to emerging talent.
If all the above still has not convinced you, we advise you to look at the past/forthcoming events sections for your region and decide.
Our members are a diverse group of individuals who share a commitment to contribute positively to the built environment.
We take pride in delivering a good service and sharing our passion with our clients and in doing so, we want to reframe the way our industry is perceived.
We understand the layers of complexity involved in the built environment and how they affects people’s lives and we want to be part of it.
Furthermore, we work under the NAWIC Code of Professionalism (LINK)
The NAWIC Register:
Over the years, we have been regularly asked for a directory of trades and professionals who are NAWIC UK & Ireland members. The NAWIC Register is our response. It is a service that will offer the public access to professionals and trades embracing diversity.
Who can apply:
- All NAWIC UK & Ireland Members
- (Corporate and Academic Members with multiple memberships will be able to apply as a single organisation)
The yearly fee will pay for an entry in the register where the member will be able to display:
- Name & Surname
- NAWIC Region
- Contact details
- Company logo
The register will be organised by disciplines with clear identification of the regions too.
The Register has an additional, separate, cost to the membership of £15 per year
It is not obligatory to be part of the register to members, but it is obligatory to be a member to be in the register.
- Remember to choose your nearest region to maximise the exposure
Please click here to apply for the Register