It is the policy across the NAWIC Members network to carry out all of our activities in a manner which is both environmentally responsible and upholding to all legislation. We recognise that we have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements and are committed to reducing our environmental impact, including managing our resource availability, preparing for adaptation, working with our interested parties and continually improving our environmental performance.
This environmental policy forms an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points.
To uphold this policy in our Members Network we will:
- Ensure we comply with all relevant regulatory requirements and maintain regular updates
- Improve environmental performance continually
- Incorporate environmental factors into our business decisions including adaptation resource availability
- Reduce the impact of our activities, products and services including life cycle analysis
- Increase staff awareness and training, promote good environmental performance and ensure competency.
- Work with interested parties to consider their environmental impact
- Link our environmental policy to our wider business strategy
- Endeavour to incorporate Sustainable Development across all working practices and within the Construction Sector
- Publish, where necessary our environmental policy and other environmental performance information
- Encourage and advise our customers and clients to choose products, materials and services ethically and responsibly sourced and beneficial to minimising impact on the environment.
- Encourage and promote the use of Building Information Modelling (BIM), particularly to achieve sustainability targets
- Promote and encourage innovation for products, materials, processes etc.
- Always act ethically
Our policy objectives are to:
- Assess resource availability and ensure our organisation adapts to the changing climate
- Conserve energy and other natural resources
- Improve efficiency of materials used
- Prevent and minimise waste and where this is not possible, re-use and recycle
- Monitor and record regulatory consents and authorisations
- Promote methods to assess the environmental impact of activities, products and services including life cycle analysis
- Employ best techniques, practices and procedures for measuring and controlling emissions, discharges and wastes
- Provide all staff with relevant sustainability and job-specific training to ensure competency levels are upheld
- Commit to the professional development of our members by offering and sharing CPD activities and best practice
- Work with our interested parties, suppliers, contractors and subcontractors to improve their environmental performance
- Monitor, record and publish environmental performance data
- Promote corporate social responsibility and community engagement
- Promote health and wellbeing in the workplace and wherever relevant